UPDATE: After nearly 4 months of distributing meals with RPS, our time of service has come to an end with RPS moving food distribution to Parks and Recreation for the summer. Thanks to everyone who gave of their time and energy to assist with serving our community.
When schools are not in session, children who depend on school meals are at risk. RPS has set up 20 locations for volunteers to pack and distribute packaged food to families in need. Redemption Hill Church is committing to serve at one of these locations.
- Ginter Park Elementary – Lead by Jenn Abbott & Ryan Burns – Sign up to help
There will be one volunteer shift per day, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM.
During the shifts, we will assist RPS in handing out meals to RPS students and families.
In addition, you can help us collect books to give out to the kids. More information can be found here.
In an effort to follow social distancing recommendations from the CDC and local health officials, we ask that only those who have signed up show up to volunteer, and that you please only sign up to volunteer if you meet the following conditions:
- You have not recently traveled abroad or to any highly impacted part of the United States.
- You feel healthy and have not been exposed to anyone who may have contracted COVID-19 – see here for more details from the CDC.
- You are NOT part of a high-risk group for developing critical conditions.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- Ginter Park Elementary – Sign up to help